Sunday, July 26, 2020

Trucking

I have so much to be thankful for and the songs of the Greatful Dead does have a great meaning in our years together as a family. The song ‘trucking’ makes me smile whilst I cross the provincial border several times to take much needed citrus to a small town where children needed it more than I did. 

Truckin', got my chips cashed in
Keep truckin', like the do-dah man
Together, more or less in line
Just keep truckin' on

Every bag of nartjies filled with Vitamin C filled me with purpose.

Truckin', like the do-dah man
Once told me, "You've got to play your hand"
Sometimes the cards ain't worth a dime
If you don't lay 'em down

Bringing back autumn pear leaves from the trees lining the trees, which finds it was back into ice pages takes me to Land Art and reconnecting with earth, water and air. The light beautiful, the sun setting earlier behind the mountains as we move into winter. 










No comments:

Post a Comment