Sunday, July 26, 2020

Home or House

Early on in 2020 whilst packing and sorting for my migration to the Hex River Valley I found an interesting call on Facebook for embroiderers. As it was during a time I was still trying to find myself (if that is at all possible) the theme or idea of home still was part of my own migration and the meaning therefor in my mother tongue, was a great challenge.




Li Ching Kathrin Wang send out a call for artists to describe home in their language and stitch in red cotton these words onto white cloth 20x30 cm. So many people worldwide responded in the most amazing way. 






And as I can only do as many as possible as the nights were long filled with mosquitoes and the days hot and intense, I managed to extend the one cloth to a few.





I enjoyed the newly found time and the explorations kept me connected. The loss of space, my own home, my animals, my friends, my life, I could bury these into the cloth using the stitches to wound my skin. 



No comments:

Post a Comment